Hotpoint HIC 3B+26 Dishwasher won't switch on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint HIC 3B+26 integrated dishwasher which popped the RCD, so I switch off the switch and reset the RCD and then when I switched it on again it just popped straight away.
I removed the dishwasher and opened and checked for blown components or any damage on the main supply lines.
I noticed that the cabling going from the main unit to the door had damaged the electrical tape and had bunched it all, so I removed this and free'd the cabling.
Powered the unit up again and then it ran for 20 minutes then popped the RCD again.
I then had to vacuum out all the water and then remove it again, I checked the wiring again and found a bare wire that looked like was shorting to chassis, it was going up to the latch switch. I taped this up after checking continuity and then when I powered it back up it won't even switch on.
The unit usually switches on before the door is closed as it's built in so the latch switch is open and then goes short once closed so take it that's the start signal.

I have checked the main PCB and there is mains power available to it, there is also multiple 12vdc on the pins that supply voltage to the ON/OFF switch and small control PCB, when the connector is removed when it's fitted this changes to a pulsed voltage so not sure if the top PCB is faulty or not can't seem to find any info or service manuals etc

Anyone have any ideas what to look out for as sound like a fuse but can't seem to see anything.
Should it power on with all the major components removed from the main PCB just to see if it was something else killing it?

Thank you.

IMG_20220108_102350.jpg
IMG_20220104_121901.jpg
IMG_20220109_174357.jpg

Sponsored Links
Checked the mains supply and I have 230v AC with the plug removed from the control board but when connected the mains drops to 36vac I have checked the board for component damage but nothing obvious.
Just found splayed pins so sorted that and now mains stays high.
If the main door latch is made and the top switch board is removed the relay in the main control board fires.
When the switch board is connected the 12v is killed and nothing happens.

Last edited:
Have you checked for water leaking under the bottom into the floor side components?

IMG_20220117_201005.jpg

No water leaking etc, I have found this component on the switch board that is a voltage regulator. Input and output pins only 1.6 ohms so doesn't seem correct. I will order and replace and see how it goes, could be killing the 12v going up to the board, as some of the pins beep to this component.

Sponsored Links
Replaced the component above and the voltages are back up at 12v but it got very hot. Checked other components that this goes to and goes to main plc and other parts so ordered a new switch module.
Fingers crossed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back