Hotpoint BF162 - selecting/switch on problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help please. My mum has the Hotpoint BF162 built in dishwasher but is having some problems with the control panel which you access by opening the door and it is just there on the top lip. She is selecting the programme she wants using the square 'P' button - but the light for the chosen programme does not always appear, and when it does appear, and when you turn the dishwasher on, the dishwasher sometimes does not work. The button with 'P' on it isn't broken, but it is a bit wobbly, and not of very good design I don't think. Has anyone any suggestions as to how to resolve this. The dishwasher has had very little use - used about 30 times, but is out of warranty.

Sponsored Links
underneath the p button is a little bit of plastic it has come dislodged remove consol panel and you will see .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back