Hotpoint BWD129 - Door Lock light flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Machine: Hotpoint - BWD129

Fault: Door Look light is flashing, not rapidly, just flashing. No other lights are lit, unable to do anything with the machine, will not even turn on/off it just sits there with the door lock light slowly flashing away.

Have powered machine on/off at the mains, have also powered off and left for an hour, but still same issue.

Have anyone any ideas on where the issue may lie?

The manual provides error codes, but it is always door lock light and a.n. other light, where as in this case its just the door lock light flashing.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Sponsored Links
Look at the silver bar on the inner door trim is it all the way down on the lock.

My wife has exactly the same problem. I suspect it is caused by her leaning on the door when standing up , distorting it slightly. She overcomes it by a further press with knee, seems to work.
JonB

Look at the silver bar on the inner door trim is it all the way down on the lock.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply,

I don't see any silver bar I'm afraid, on the door itself is the catch, this all seems intact and looks as it should, including the pin which holds the catch in place. When the door is closed, it clicks in correctly and is held in place correctly until I use the handle to open the door, this again works as it should.

The "door locked" light however continues to flash and the on/off and start button remain unresponsive.

Sponsored Links
My wife has exactly the same problem. I suspect it is caused by her leaning on the door when standing up , distorting it slightly. She overcomes it by a further press with knee, seems to work.
JonB

Pushing, twisting, pressing and one frustrated punching (only lightly a> I'm a wimp :oops: and b> knowing my luck i'll break my hand!) of the door hasn't changed the fact that all it does is flash back at me.

So its assumed its more door/door lock issue than a error code flashing up?

More abuse :) ...err I mean gentle manoeuvring of the door required I guess to try and resolve it?

Additional Information:

Newsflash .....

Seems that it is more than the door issue, the better half has just found out that most of her clothes have been destroyed in the last wash, its almost as though it has boiled washed everything, any delicate garments are frazzled and shrunk.

Googling for reviews on this machine also produces some shocking reviews on how poor this machine is.. Got to love house builders fitting cheap integrated units in their kitchens :(

So, now on the lookout for a decent integrated washing machine, any suggestions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back