Hotpoint Dishwasher Door lock cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Hotpoint Dishwasher FDW80. I was getting the error message DOOR, so I decided to replace the door lock mechanism. However I have noticed that there is what appears to be black burning on the cable attached to the door lock. The cable runs from the display to the lock mechanism and then down the door... I have not removed the door front completely so I cant see what it is attached to.

I feel I need to replace this wire, but I can't find what the part is called. Please could anyone help me. I have found a wiring module P/Sw heating. Would this be the correct thing to order?

Thank you for any advice you can give.

:confused:

Sponsored Links
No that's the pressure switch wire ,you can cut the bad bit of wire and butt connect it. You need the door lock wiring I don't think it's a replaceable part.

Is it burning on the wire or a tar like sticky substance similar to the inside of the door (the door lining insulation material gets hot and the wiring often sticks to it)

Is it burning on the wire or a tar like sticky substance similar to the inside of the door (the door lining insulation material gets hot and the wiring often sticks to it)

Thanks for your question. It is actually a burning mark on the connector which plugs into the door lock mechanism. The Dishwasher still does not work and it alarms as if the door is open. I have checked the door lock mechanism and all seems to be OK there. I was wondering if it was due to the plug on the connector / wire.

The wire can be unplugged from both ends from what I can see, but I can't seem to be able to find a replacement for this wire on the internet.

I have put a photo below, sust in case that helps.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Rob

Sponsored Links
Just cut the White plug off and get 2 amp tags from a motor factors and place on door switch. Then you will know if it works.

Just cut the White plug off and get 2 amp tags from a motor factors and place on door switch. Then you will know if it works.

Thanks very much rocks1, I will do that.

I am really grateful to you, thanks again.

Kind regards

Rob

Hi Randre

Is there any chance you still have the door switch connector? Or any more photos?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back