hotpoint dishwasher Washer arms not working - any ideas???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My hotpoint Aquarius dishwasher'w sprayer arms seem to have stopped working - although the dishwasher sounds like it is working and the timer etc are all ok - the washer arms arenot turning and therefore is not washing the dishes - i have cleaned th filters and can hear and see that water is entering the machine but not spinning the washer arms. any ideas

:?:

Sponsored Links
check the nozzles on the spray arms, crud gets stuck in them which prevents them from being turned (water spraying out of the nozzles spins the arms)

Thanks Leccy758 for your reply. I've checked and washed the spray arms and were all clear from crud, but still same problem. There is water entering the machine and a lot of condensation when hot but not sure if the water is getting through to the arms to spin them. Have checked the water inlet pipe and water is flowing into that ok.

any other ideas

if you are not getting the sound of the main pump working then it could be the motor start capacitor (usually mounted on or near the circulation pump motor)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply will take a look at that. Will come back if not the problem if thats ok - but fingers crossed it is. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back