Hotpoint door spring - Whats a Hinge Wire/Wheres the spring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The spring door for my dishwasher door doesn't spring anymore.

I had hoped to just pick up a replacement spring and get on with what should be a simple strip the panels and replace the spring but when I looked for a replacement spring things got difficult!

Its a Hotpoint LFT114UK (integrated model).

The only replacement part that I can find is a Hinge Wire but no springs - Does this wire act as a spring or is there a spring in there too?

And if its this hinge wire that I need to replace how do I go about it (and what panels need to come off)? I'm sure it'd be obvious when I open the machine but I don't want to rip apart the kitchen just yet in case it then has to stay ripped apart until I find a hinge wire/spring/magic dooda.

Thanks for your help, Jamie

Sponsored Links
You need to remove the unit and side panels to see what's needed. The spring thing you mention is only a bar across the bottom , you poss need the hinges for the door. Both are £17.00 each and you will need serial no as well.

Thanks for that.

I opened the machine and for anyone else with this problem the spring is integrated into the hinge so you need to replace the whole hinge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back