Hotpoint Error Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hotpoint model 8596P Mistral Plus frost free Fridge Freezer. The tempreture went up + 19 degrees in the fridge section. I cleaned out the air intake at floor level and was surprised at the amount of fluff on the grid (whatever it is called). I have checked the tempreture sensor and both fans rotate. Now some 12 hours later the fridge section internal tempreture reads +5 degrees but I have an E8 flashing in the digital display. Help.......What does this E8 mean......

Sponsored Links
E8 means "Evaporator thermistor short circuit." basicaly you will have to call hotpoint or a repair company, i found it at the hotpoint website from which you can get the contact information, the page you want is here

What does this Thermistor look like. Obviously it is a thermal resistor device (could it be a piece of wire as used in a gas fire), where is it located any ideas.....The Fridge freezer is working fine a fridge /freezer thermometer shows both compartments are working fine, it is just this E8 flashing on the display.......

even if you did find it hotpoint wont sell you one, why not call them out parts are usually free if under 5 (may not be case but call and see)

Sponsored Links
The unit is 7 year old and i don't think it warrants the Hotpoint call out fee of £75 for a £5:00 (at the most) component. This is why I am asking what this thermistor is exactly. I have done a search on the web and there are millions to chose from however Hotpoint will have their own type.......

Its is in the freezer section & is located inside evaporator it is a wire

Right the problem is cured at no cost. A fellow Radio Ham who lives in Northumberland and works on industrial freezers for a living explained to me over the Radio one evening what to do and basically unplug from mains. then strip the side and and rear panel inside the freezer section and let all the ice formed at the back on the fins thaw out for 24 hours and evaporate. Reassemble the freezer and hey presto it has worked perfectly ever since....Thanks tyo all who helped, todays date 31 May......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back