Hotpoint FDL 750 dishwasher not washing properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Have just joined DIYnot and hopefully somebody out there has had this same problem and has managed to get it sorted! :D

Basically our Hotpoint FDL750 recently has stopped washing our dishes properly. During a couple of cycles there is a loud grinding/vibrating noise coming from the machine. The machine fills up, heats up and drains. I don't think that the spray arms are moving during the cycle, i've check all the arms (upper & lower) and they are free off dirt and foreign objects.

Today, I decided to pull out the machine and look into further into the problem as I thought there may be something lodged in the pump housing on the bottom of the machine. After only around 10mins I had the pump out and proved it was clear!(bugger) Machine is now all back together and still it does not wash correctly and the spray arms still do not move.

Could it be the pump assembly motor on it's way out and not pushing enough water around the machine?

Anybody have any ideas what this could be??

Sponsored Links
Circulation pump had it. The magnet has split and damaged the impeller.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back