Hotpoint FDW60P boiling water, but nothing else.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just cleaned the filter and refilled the salt on our dishwasher, now it doesn't work :(

When I turn it on I can hear it start to fill, then faint water heater sounds as usual, but instead of the cycle continuing, I can hear steam blowing through the pipework. Open the door, and there's a cabinet full of steam with relatively cool water on the cabinet floor.

As I don't hear the usual motor noises, I'm guessing it's probably pump or motor related, possibly a failed motor capacitor.

How do I get at it? through the back or through the base?

EDIT - The wife switched the machine on again this morning, and after about 30 seconds of blowing steam noises it settled into it's normal routine. It didn't do that for me yesterday :confused:
She said the machine had been making boiling and blowing steam noises the last few times she has used it.
So the motor and pump seem OK

Maybe I should be looking at a possible faulty thermostat somewhere?

Sponsored Links
thermostat is on the rear of dispenser remove door panel and make sure the white clip is attached to the rear of dispenser.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back