hotpoint first edition 1000 not draining also limescale

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help me please. my hotpoint first edition 1000 not draining very well tried putting hose in bowl some water tricling out and also quite a lot of lime scale. any suggestions please

Sponsored Links
clean the filter out .found at the back underneath mc .

took back off but no idea how to take clip off dont know if its a woman thing

look at the back of mc .down the bottom is a square panel 6 screws remove screws, look underneath you will see a rubber cup with a jubilee cup round it remove it and that is the filter then clean it out .

Sponsored Links
thanks very much for your help. it took me six hours to do it but it finally works now. cleaned out the filter but it still trickled so removed the waste hose and it was clogged with limescale. put it all back together then the waste pipe started overflowing so cleaned that out too so now works perfectly. very proud of myself

use a pint of white vinegar once a month on a 95 wash no tabs no clothes .let it boil up and clean it out and dont use quick wash it clogs mc up .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back