Hotpoint First Edition - not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have read a lot about washing machines not spinning cos of blocked filters and worn brushes, and this may be the problem with mine. My husband tried to take the front lower panel off to check the filter - never done this befroe - but couldnt take it off - should it need brute force?
also, i think i had the brushes changed about 4 years ago - do you know where i can buy some new brushes? Calling a plumber costs a bomb, and i dish dosh is very tight right now. I also need clear instructions on how to change them as we have never done this before. Can I get brushes from homebase - or any suggestions near HOunslow? Thanks

Sponsored Links
your filter is at the back attached to the pump, not at the front, motor brushes are available from appliance repair shops, try yellow pages, and get the laminated brushes as they last longer.

to see where they are try a seacrh on these forums for:

inside a hotpoint as the serch for keywords (also select "search for all terms")

breezer as author

and appliances as forum to search

you will then find a picture (or 2) of the inside of your w/m including brushes

Thank you for your suggestions breezer - i will try that now. jj

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HI Breezer - those pix are fantastic - i am off to find saome brushes now. jj

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HI I am trying to get the old brushes out - is there a simple way to do this?

jjmartin said:
HI I am trying to get the old brushes out - is there a simple way to do this?

yes.

they are held in by an "integral clip"

the clip is attacthed to the brush itself, and it naturally points outwards (stops it falling out) you need to press the clip in, then use the wire that connects to the brush to pull out the brush
Then you unplug the wire you just pulled the brush out with. hey presto you have a brush in your hand.

we used a special tool for this but i hated it, a small dumpy flat bladed screw driver works just as well

and of course the m/c is UNPLUGGED switching it off is NOT an option

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back