Bosh Maxx washing machine won't spin even after new brushes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please....I have a Bosch Maxx washing machine that's 10yrs old and until today problem free.
It will fill and drain but will not agitate/spin.
My husband is really handy and read your posts about replacing the brushes so he did that and still it won't spin! It makes a noise like it wants to do something but after a few minutes it clicks off. We are not sure if the worn brushes have knackered the motor, but it seems ok, it was dirty so he took it apart and cleaned it. It still won't spin.
Help please, can't afford a new one right now!
M.

Sponsored Links
You say the motor was cleaned, do you mean the commutator and brush holders were cleaned ?. It is not uncommon for the brush holders to get clogged up preventing the brushes from moving properly.

How worn were the old brushes, could you see the copper braid in the end?

Thanks for your reply. Yes i mean he cleaned the commutator and bought brand new brushes and replaced them. It's just clicking through cycles but the drum never moves.
M.

Did he remember to put the motor connection plug back in again after he changed the brushes? It is easy to forget....

Sponsored Links
PS. I see you are from Aberdeen, my hubby's from Fife originally!

The motor may be fitted with an overload device which has popped. Maybe you could take the motor into your local domestic appliance workshop & ask them to bench test it? If the motor is good then it sounds like either a pcb problem or wiring issue (broken/loose motor lead on the plug?). If you need further information please post the E-number on the door sticker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back