Hotpoint fridge not cooling at all?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
thanks in advance for you advice.
I have a Hotpoint FFP187B in the garage, went into today and there was a funny smell, you guessed it,no cooling and everything defrosted!

I 'think' it may be a thermistat issue.

The lights appear to be working normally (and the small fan in the freezer section inside is also operational), however both the freezer and Fridge sections are at room temperature. The fridge has not been moved in several months.

I tried the old turning off and on at the wall trick, no joy, and have tried playing around with the temperature controller, there are no clicks or anything, however one of the attempts at rotating the thermostat did result in the condenser kicking in (and I could hear gases/ liquid moving. However stupidly I turned the dial back and it stopped again, and I have been unable to repeat it., hence my thought about the thermostat.

Any advice or other things to check?

Sponsored Links

Thanks for the tip, did as advised, after just over 24hrs not a drop of water to be seen anywhere.
Device sounded more like it was on ( i.e more like a compressor noise,) after I turned it back in (did nothing for the first 5mins), however it just seemed to be blowing room temperature around round the freezer compartment, with no real cooling to speak of in fridge or freezer, despite leaving it on for over an hour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back