Hotpoint LFT 228 A Water Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Our Hotpoint dishwasher went into melt down part way through a cycle, continuously beeping and flashing number 6. According to Hotpoint the number 6 fault relates to an incoming water issue but I have checked the tap that it's connected to and water flows freely. I noticed that the end of the incoming water hose appeared quite bulbous and had a warning 230v notice on it, closer inspection inside and I can see it's a small electrically operated valve. Underneath the dishwasher the two wires that run out to said valve (Brown and Blue) are connected via a small plug and socket to two orange cables. After separating the plug and socket I tested for voltage between the orange wires, meter read zilch, but .... When testing either of the Orange wires to the earth of a nearby socket both in turn read at 240v. Both orange cables run through the underside of the machine and terminate into the main brain .... Any advice/ideas would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back