Hotpoint New Edition 800 WM51

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i had a wash on it was on the last spin when i heard a popping sound (like a fuse blowing) and then a kind of burning smell. then machine had stopped, i could open the door but there was still a small amount of water in the machine. i checked the fuse which was fine. i have tried again to use it and it filled with water and then the machine clicked as if it was going to work through the program but nothing moves, the drum does not move. and then the program just stops. i have taken the top off and there is a burning smell , seems to be (though i may be wrong) from the back left corner as you look at the front of the machine.

Sponsored Links
check the motor brushes poss worn .

ok brushes seem to have blown up. i guess the pop sound was cos of this. the end of the plastic part that plugs into the bit that you remove is all burnt do u know the poss reason for this ?

just worn out, brushes over heat sometimes during a lot of use or heavy loads .

Sponsored Links
would u have an idea as to whether it would be safe to just replace the bushes even though the plastic is black and slightly melted? i know its my own risk but would just wondering if u know

the plastic bit is a spade cover that goes over the terminal on the wire .you can just replace brushes and put a bit of insulation tap on it.over the years most break off anyway dont cause any problems.

i have changed the carbon brushes but the machine still does not spin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back