Hotpoint Tdc32 dryer jockey pulley restricting belt turning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am not a novice with dryers , however I am having an unusual problem , I have put a new belt on , it is fed correctly through jockey wheels , over one , under the motor arm and up and across the second wheel, the problem I'm having is that belt seems loose and won't turn , the wheels are positioned correctly , both wheels spin freely ,when I pull one of the wheels away it tightens up the belt and it freely runs on the other wheel , could the spring be too tight ? If this is the case how could this happen?

Sponsored Links
Yeah the belt is correct , I've just fixed problem , the spring didn't seem to be pulling the wheels together enough so I cut approx 2 loops of spring off and now it pulls them together slightly more and adds to tension , not sure how a spring looses its spring but its working fine now , thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back