hopoint dryer PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my hotpoint ctdoo dryer stoped turning recently so opened it thinking it could be the belt, turned out the belt was fine but the jockey wheel was snapped so i have baught a new jockey wheel and replaced it :D only now my dryer starts it will turn one way no bother but wen it starts to go the other way it goes for a few minutes then starts to slow down till eventually it stops :confused: :evil: the motor still runs and u can hear the water pump working and it heats up, if u push on the drum it will start turning slowley then stops again but after a few times of doing this it wont move wat so ever :cry: please help

Sponsored Links
Cap faulty. Next to the motor , long round silver tube.

hi thanks for that i bought a new cap and fitted it still doing the same thing can you think of anything else it could be.

You could check the rear drum bearing as they often fail and can cut through the drum spindle. There is a repair kit available for this.

Sponsored Links
If the pulley is of the type that bolts to the motor casing it is a real struggle to tension the belt. If you managed to fit it easily i would suggest the belt is round the wrong way on the pulley.

the belt is on the right way around it was a struggle to get it around the jockey wheel but my partner managed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back