FAO: Rocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I really need your help again, my tumble dryer has stopped spinning but is making a noise so i took the top and side off and discovered that the belt has partially ripped and is quite slack and is not turning the drum, I have found the right belt on ebay to fit the hotpoint condenser dryer ctd00g and replace it, the question is, is it easy to fit and would i need any special tools to do it and how,

sorry to be a pain also the little wheel attatched to the spindle of the motor is wobbly should it be like this? i turned on the machine with the side off and the spindle on the motor is spinning but the belt is buggered.

Kind Regards

Jo

Sponsored Links
hi that wheel needs replacing .along with the belt ,to start with remove lid and left and right panel .to replace belt remove water bottle ,then remove cup at back of rear panel and remove split pin in the rear drum shaft ,undo water bottle houseing from the rear 2 screws ,remove cross bars on top of dryer to allow rear panel to drop back 2 inches ,slide belt over drum . then to replace the pulley remove fan cover next to moter covering the front fan unclips ,10 mm socket to remove pulley bolts 2 of, replace pulley with rear bolt only then fit belt over drum and pulley .with a thick screw driver lever pulley up and refit front bolt on the pulley.job done i can do in 20 mins good luck not a bad job part no for pulley 1702973 cost 3.85 ,belt 7.60 parts less than a tenner :)

Hi Rocks,

Thanks for your reply, I have bought the belt off ebay and am awaiting for it to arrive and also could you tell me what I would need put in ebay to bring the little wheel results up for the tumble dryer so i can buy one ot of any websites where i can get hold of it

kind Regards

Jo

Sponsored Links
Hi,

i have noticed it is for the ctd00p but i have the ctd00g will it be the same ? sorry to be a pain

Kind Regards

Jo

g is graphite p is polar dont matter its the same and order 1 .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back