Hotpoint ultima 1200 WD32

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

The drying part doesnt seem to work, apparently it doesnt do its fast spin??? when drying anymore.

About a year ago I changed the brushes so I thought it was the belt slipping but it does fast spin when washing. I've checked the outlet hose , holding the outlet below the machine causes it to flow out, above and it pumps outs - so I dont *think* the filters are blocked.

Im all out of idea... now.

Sponsored Links
Not sure what you mean. When set on tumble dry the drum should only turn fairly slowly, it will never spin fast.

Having never seen it spin fast while drying either I dont understand fully either - but it does seem just to just chrun the clothes around at about 60rpm.

One things for sure its certainly not drying anything anymore. Infact things seem wetter than when they went in. I read a couple of posts yesterday about condensers / themostats and fan connections. As it still washes without problems should I leave well alone or get the tools out and have a tinker?

It might be a fault with the dryer fan, heater or thermostat/ thermal fuse. With the lid removed you should be able to hear if the fan is running. The metal rectangular box on the top of the drum contains the dryer heater and should get warm when the machine is drying. Obviously you should unplug the machine before touching this. The drum speed sounds to be OK anyway.

Sponsored Links
As mentioned drum speed seems ok,if clothes coming out wetter than when put in then check pumping out speed-possible partial blockage under sink or in pump,also possible condenser blocked with fluff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back