Hotpoint Ultima Problem - Any experts that can help me pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am hoping a DIYNOT appliance expert can help a damsel in distress with a problem my Hotpoint AQM8F49 Washer Dryer is causing me

I was washing a throw in the machine last night and when I went back into the kitchen the F05 error was showing and the drum was full of water as it had stopped during the cycle.

So I turned the machine off and the next morning but it back on and the error message had gone, but the machine is no longer responsive?

My father managed to drain the water out and the cold feed is not blocked but when you select a program (there seems to be a clicking noise for a second) and the display timer counts down but it does not do anything (draw water) etc

Any ideas on what it can be as I cant really afford to purchase a new machine, this one is just over 2 years old and I paid over £500 for it!

Please help
Lauren

Sponsored Links
Check the pump / filter you have a hair clip or something small stuck in there.

Thanks very much I hope thats right - do you know how I can access the pump filter?

My father pulled the lid off it today and we didnt know what we were looking for?

Any pics and/or instructions on how to do this?

Many Thanks

Lauren

Filter is under the front kickstrip on the right. It's a twist cap.

Sponsored Links
thanks - sorry for the stupid question but I'm a woman and DIY!

Where is the front kickstrip - at the bottom right if you are looking at the machine? How does it come off with a screwdriver?

And when it is off I should see a twist cap - then I twist it and pull out the blockage?

I was reading just now that it located under the drum and it was quite difficult to get to?

Many Thanks
Lauren

The kickstrip runs along the bottom of the front panel. Yes it unclips using a screwdriver. Then in the right hand side is the filter. You are referring to the sump which is under the drum.

ok - and you dont think its the sump? just the filter based on the info I have given?

Thanks will have a go tomorrow and let you know - i hope you are right!

Many Thanks

Lauren

Update

I just pulled out the black filter and just water came out I couldnt see any blockage in this though? Turned the machine on and the same problem the program counts down but the machine is not doing anything - and there is a clicking noise for a bit when the program starts?

Any other ideas on what it could be? Would the blockage be further up the filter - i.e. should I out a screwdriver in to see if I can unblock it or could it be the sump thats blocked?

It seems strange the the machine went on the blink when a fluffy throw was in the machine so there must be a blockage somewhere?

Ok - could you provide a step by step guide on how to get to the sump?

What does it look like, where is it located? and what do i need to do when I find it?

Many Thanks again

UPDATE

Just checked the all the outlets SUMP and FILTER - we removed them from the machine by taking off the jubilee clips and they were all clear apart from a 50 coin and a small square of metal?

So the outlets have no blockage in them?

Any other suggestions? I am flumoxed and dont really want to spend money on a new machine when this is just 2 years old

I think is must be an electrical fault because even the Tumble Dryer is not working, or the spin cycle it is the same as the was timer cycle the display on the front of the machine counts down but it does not do anything

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back