Hotpoint Ultima washer does not spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The model number is RPD 9467 J.

The program starts normally, except the drum does not rotate at all.

After 10 minutes or so it shows F.01

The PCB was replaced recently through Hotpoint service.

The lock indicator is showing up, so it's not a lock issue. The belt is fine I checked. The motor does not move at all during the program.

The pump works fine.

Sponsored Links
I think F01 is a motor triac fault ,whether it is on the motor itself or the pcb I am not sure. If it does not attempt to take in water I would check the water connection & supply & pressure switch & hose for blockage. Hotpoint should be able to tell you if your pcb has failed again.

It does take in water.

I don't want it to be the PCB, I had a service plan and ended it :cry:

If it is the pcb won't it be still under warranty even if if was done via a service plan.

Sponsored Links
I contacted Domestic & General. There is no warranty on parts if the plan ended, only on repairs (while the plan is active).

The same fault happened in March 2019, which is when I bought a service plan and got it repaired by replacing the PCB.

I think I'm done with this machine, I will get a new one and hope it is a bit more reliable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back