hotpoint ultima wd 860p washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I keep getting error code f 02 and the machine tries to start but keeps stalling is this easy to remedy . F02 means the motor is jammed or the tacho is detached.

Sponsored Links
pcb fault nothing you can do .call hotpoint all in 100 .00 or recon board for 40 quid from web

On odd ones of these I have had this as an erroneous fault code and it was the brushes at fault,

f02 showing because the board could not sense the motor running (no impulse from motor tacho

Not impossible that the tacho is detached but that is very rare

Cheers Lecky758,
I have had a good look at the back of the machine don't know where the tacho would be so don't know if it is detached or not, the machine tries to go through the cycle the water valve cuts in momentarily then stops when set but keeps cutting out ie goes to start then stops then tries again; the drain out pump works when I cancel the cycle and the 2 minute code comes on but the main drive that spins the drum does not seem to work at all.

Sponsored Links
The brushes are mounted towards the rear end of the motor and do wear down.
The tacho is a small disc like object fitted to the back end in the centre of the motor (two thin wires leading from it to the connector block)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back