Hotpoint wd62. Constantly draining.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a wd62 that came with the house and it's been working fine until last week when water leaked from a container onto the top of the machine. This wasn't noticed and upon using the machine burnt out a part of the circuit board. I tried dismantling it and rejoining the missing circuit however it didn't fix it.

Bought a new timer board and still no joy. The problem is that the water removal pump stays on constantly. So as the machine fills up for a wash it removes the water at an even faster rate so it never fills.

It fills up fine if i remove the green connector as this switches the pump off entirely, however this also messes with the timer settings so cycles won't end.

Any help to fix this would be massively appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Well i think i fixed it. The water dripped into the connectors as well, namely the two blue ones on the top of the timer circuit board. When i took out the metal contacts from the connectors i mixed up two of the wires leading to the component with the clear pressure tube attached. Took it in turns re-arranging which way round they should go and one of the configurations did it.

All seems to be fully working now, except the drier. But that never was and would never be used anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back