Hotpoint WD62, Drum filled with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP!!!!
My washing machine does a cycle and when I go to empty it the drum is half full of water. The 1200 spin cycle is not as fast as it was, in fact it is very slow and all the clothes come out soaking wet. Sometimes however the washing machine works fine!!!
The tumble dryer no longer works either. The clothes go in rinced and come out wet, and when I empty the machine again the drum is full of water.

Now, I don't know if it because I am a woman but I have had people quote me from £100+ to it can't be fixed. You need a new machine. I even had one man on the phone to me say it'll cost you the same as a new machine. I suggest you let me look at it and if I can't fix it you'll need a new one, oh, and by the way I want paying for labour and parts that I'll try and WON'T work. Oh, by the way did I tell you I run a appliance shop and I have just fixed up a washer dryer that would suit you if I can't fix yours.

I think I am being taken for a ride. Can my machine be fixed, or do I need to buy a new washer dryer.

Please help me!!!!

Sponsored Links
First of all how old is your machine, did you buy it new & did you register it with hotpoint when you bought it? If you can answer yes to all 3 then I would suggest you call out hotpoint engineer as I think you will have a 5 year parts guarantee & will only have to pay their labour charge. It sounds like you have more than one problem & with the potentially high cost of parts & labour it could be more economical to buy a new machine, which is why people are being a bit vague( not because you are a woman :D ). Without examining & testing the machine it is impossible to tell you how much it will cost to repair & unfortunately you cannot expect anyone to do that free of charge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back