HOTPOINT WDD960 F04

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a Hotpoint wdd960 (LCD screen) which has been fine until tonight (about 18months old).

I'm getting the following falut code F04 which i think might be something to do with the pressure switch? Does anybody know if I'm on the right track? Also does anybody know how to drain the machine as it's full of water and won't pump out?

Thanks,

Mike.

Sponsored Links
Yes presure fault. Put it on drain does the pump work. Place drain hose in a bucket and let gravity do its bit.

Hi I set it to pump out but nothing happened, does this mean the pump is dead?

Have you checked the pump for rubbish ie hair clips money etc. Also check the pump for contiuity.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice rocks1. I haven't had chance to take the machine apart yet. I've just left it full of water and clothes.

Well I got the problem sorted. First off I located the pressure switch pipe and disconnected it from the pressure switch end and gave it a good blow, seemed ok with no blockages. I then proceeded to remove the pump, what a chew on the white plastic clips are to remove :evil: ... Anyhow once the pump was removed I found a hairclip preventing the pump from spinning. After a couple of loads I, checking for leaks I put the cover and top back on and stuck it back under the worktop. :D :D

Got a phone call at work from the Missus... I thought oh god the washer is leaking...... Nope all the elecy had gone off!.... The missus said that she had put the washer on to dry some clothes and after 10mins the elecy went off....anyway got the elecy back on and set the washer to tumble dry...after 40mins I took the clothes out and they were cold and damp..... So I'm thinking that something (heating element?) has blown or shorted out which caused the RCD to trip....

Any ideas?

Again thanks for all your help

Yep very common to blow the heaters. Need a new heater but check it first with a meter.

On the heater box remove the lid and it's got two hex nuts on it. Check that u did not dislodge a wire as well.

I take it the heater box is the big silver box mounted towards the top of the drum on the right handside?

Can you recommend any good web sites that sell spare parts?

Thanks,
mike

Yep that's the one. Try eBay for parts. Or google cos the price vary. Did u test it first.

I haven't had a look yet, this "working" thing keeps getting in the way ;)

plan to have a look at the weekend. I did a quick search but not alot came back, might have been searching using the wrong terminology.

Thanks rocks1.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back