WDD960 water issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a WDD960 which I bought from somebody locally for £20.
It would seem that it is not working correctly and I'm the sort of person who will take things apart to try and fix before buying brand new.
When I try to start a washing cycle a solenoid activates and water starts flowing into the detergent drawer, before the drum turning a few times. It then does nothing and after a few minutes the machine beeps and a message appears saying that there is no water - check supply.
There is no actual issue with the supply (else it wouldn't flow at the beginning) so it is my belief that one of the solenoids is faulty. Now I have been online and can get a replacement unit for less that I paid for the machine but I am concerned that the picture of the new unit is different to what I currently have. On mine, there is an orange block connector nearest the front, a blue block in the middle, and nearest the back are two spade connectors. On the replacement there are three blocks instead of two. I am reluctant to buy the new unit if the conenctions are not going to fit, but I'm guessing I can modify if necessary.
The main thing I want to know is how to run a self-test so I can check if it throws up a fault. I have looked online but cannot find the procedure.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
It would be more helpful if you could post pics. of the old & a link to the new one, but if several suppliers are offering the same replacement then it is probably made to fit more than one manufacturers machine ( universal ) & is a suitable alternative. If after all it does not fit you are perfectly entitled to return it at their cost as it is not as advertised. Before replacing the solenoid I would suggest you check the pump for blockages especially the area where the tube to the pressure switch fits on as a blockage in that tube might give you similar problems.

Last edited:
It would seem that the replacement I have found is indeed the correct one. There are different coloured sockets on each of the solenoids, and the one at the back has been removed and replaced with spade connectors.
As an addition, when I check for resistance across the terminals of each they show 3.9 when set at 20k on my meter but the one that has space connectors has no resistance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back