Hotpoint WDL 540P UK C problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washer dryer is making a clicking noise every 10mins when on a drying cycle.All 4 bottom lights flash.The spinning symbol and drying symbol are solid green.The wash symbol is very faintly on.When it locks out the machine needs resetting. This has gone on for 2 weeks.Today it now isnt drying at all?
Any ideas very welcome.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help.I'm a boiler repair man by trade.Next question is are these both easy repairs or do I get the pros in for it?

Sponsored Links
Sorry for all the questions.How will I test it with a meter because it seems to go at the same temp/time interval everytime.Will it just go open circuit and could it be this making the clicking noise too.

If its not getting hot in dry then it wil be open circuit. The clicking noise is poss the relays every 10 mins. Heater should be 25 ish ohms if working. No reading means had it.

If its not getting hot in dry then it wil be open circuit. The clicking noise is poss the relays every 10 mins. Heater should be 25 ish ohms if working. No reading means had it.

Relays on the pcb?Does this mean it may need a new board too?
Thanks very much for your help.

Poss not at this stage. Check the heater first then see if the condenser underneath is block with fluff, is it is flush it though will the inlet hose.

Thought better of it and got Hotpoint out for the repair today.Had the guy speak on the phone to me whilst he was here and he said the motor was faulty?
I told him about the clicking noise every 10mins and he said that it was the motor causing it.Get in tonight and test it and its doing exactly the same fault again.My other half insists she tested it with him(Her friend was with her at the time so you can bet that's B@L%s*^&...).
Anyway I'm back to the drawing board.I mentioned the heater and the pcb to him and he didn't want to know.
I will keep you posted.Thanks.

If you paid for the repair call them back for another repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back