Hotpoint WDL540 spin/lock light error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a second hand WDL540. Silly me, I know.
When the machine is switched on, it buzzes, and then fills and pumps out simultaneously. The bottom lights flash, and the spin and door lock lights are on. What does this error code mean?
I recently replaced the cold water inlet due to a leak, and have also checked that the filter is clean.
Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
It means error fo5 pump/ waste blocked. Have you checked the pump impeller for obstruction

Thanks for that.
Just took it apart and the impeller looks fine. Resistance across the terminals is 170 ohms, so that seems okay too. Put it back together, and there's water going down the drain as well.
Any other ideas?

Ignore the flashing lights at the bottom. If the spin light and door lock light is on that is the error fo5. Any other lights on the right hand side.

Sponsored Links

I also noticed there is a sticker inside the door which says it is a WDL520, not a WDL540 as it says on the fascia.

Not sure which to believe!

I swapped back to the original cold water inlet valve in case the problem was related to the new one I fitted. Still have the same problem though.

Unless you can think of anything else to try, I think I'm probably as well to ask for a replacement...

Right. You got the rinse and spin light not just the spin light , that error is f09 EPROM set up. It has lost it's memory the pcb needs to be rewritten again. Sometimes unplugging it for 10 mins does bring it back to life. But you poss already done this. Gonna cost you a new pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back