Hotpoint wf340 noise ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
In a bit of a fix !! Just replaced the drum bearings on said washing machine all went well and is back together ! I put it on a rinse spin cycle and all was good no noises etc but then went for a wash etc and when it was spinning I heard a clicking / ticking so while it was still going I took the top off but couldn't see any thing knocking when it went on final spin all hell broke loose (noisey as hell) as soon as the machine had finished I checked the drum but there is no grinding noises so anyone have any clues where I should chec next ? I have replaced many bearings being a mechanic so am competent I have replaced them before on this machine any help would be great thanks [/b]

Sponsored Links
Does it make the clicking noise when you spin drum by hand. Have you checked the weights.

Sponsored Links
I have removed the belt from the motor and spam it by hand and no noise from the bearings I did hear a slight scrape from the drum though I have also fitted a new heater element could this be the problem ?

Did u fit a heater bracket to the heater

Both weights are all tight as for the Hester bracket please explain what this is ? As it's a push in item with one bolt to secure it I do refit the old heat deflector to the new element though .

Did you fit a new heater or use the old one. If used old one it still has the bracket on it.

That's ok then. Try a spin when it's empty. If that's ok then when it's loaded it might be a cracked drum surport.

Just restriped it and can't see any visible cracks on the spider I have noticed that ther is some wear on the stub ( where the bearings sit ) I have taken the bearings back out the drum and put them on the stub where they would be positioned in the drum they are sat on there tight ie no movement I have noticed that one of the lower shock absorbers is a little easier to push down than the other could this be it ?

Would not of thought so. Try it on a spin again it might be ok. You could have fixed it in the second strip down.

All reassembled but still has this annoying load noise happening ?
I have pushed the metal drum up the turned it an inch the pushed up again and so on around the whole circumfrance and it does feel if the there is a bit of play ie 2/3 mm is this normal ?? Or does this indicate the spider ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back