Hotpoint wf340 noise ??

View media item 74994 my spider was a little worse than this but the bearings felt as if they sat on it tight but maybe not
tight enough ! Would you replace this spider (one in pic) or reuse it ? Just trying to gauge if changing the spider will sort the issue I have , as said in previous post there is slight play roughly 2/3 mm when I lift the drum in the machine
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
There are two types of size bearings. 30 mm and 35 mm. Did you replace the same size. That spider looks worn and rusty. Poss a 30mm one from pic. To change it you got to drill out the old screws with a 8 mm drill bit

I had the 30 mm bearings and refitted the correct size the picture is not mY spider my spider is worn a lot more than this so I may replace it as a mater of coarse to rule it out any other ideas ? As I said there is a slight bit of play in the drum another thing I noticed is when fitting the bigger bearing I had to hit it in using a punch and hammer but the smaller bearing just went in with a swift hit with the palm of my hand, so any thing wrong here ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back