Hotpoint WM52

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a spare Hotpoint WM52 and want to replace drum bearing.Can anyone give detail on how to do this? :idea:

Sponsored Links
take top off, take front off, dissasemble drum, remove inner drum, take baering out, reverse process.

the bearings them selves are cheap, but to get them out we used to use a special bearing puller.

I am concened that if you can not figure out how to get to the bearings then i have little faith in you getting them out, also as you can see its not a 5 minute writing job

Definitely worth also checking to see if there's any wear on the spindle. If it's pitted replace it (that's the spider referred to in the link) otherwise the seals will go in no time at all and you'll be back to square one.

Sponsored Links
at hotpoint we never used to bother checking the spider when new bearings fitted, we always changed it for the reasons you have mentioned

The important bit of the spider is the bronze bush, which can get damaged by bits of broken bearing. If this is smooth I would re-use the spider to keep the final bill within reason. Perhaps if I lived in a moe affluent part of the country I would not need to worry so much about costs.

if you want a job done properly use the right tools (new spider) saves money in long run, less hassle 100% good job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back