Hotpoint wm52 leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have had my hotpoint wm52 quite a number of years now but it has served me well. It has recently been leaking water and at first I thought it was from the door seal but it isn't. I have pulled the machine out and there is no water at the back of it so I then tipped it slightly and noticed a couple of small holes underneath the machine at the front and it seems that water is leaking from there. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
picture?

or descibe better where the small holes are and how old is it?

have you checked door seal properly mc is 10 years old so front drum seal could be leaking due to scale or coin damadge to tub holed. take front panel off to invesi ;) gate

The washing machine is 11 years old. There's no water coming anywhere from the door seal as I have watched it come out from underneath at the front. I've had another look and they are just like little drill holes at the front so it's as if water is dripping down the front of the washer from the inside and is coming out of the little holes underneath.

Sponsored Links
you mean the 2 holes are in the door seal at the front at about 6 oclock

No. On the base of the washing machine at the front there are a couple of drill type holes and it seems the water is travelling from somewhere in the washer down the inside of it and coming out of the holes at the bottom. Does that make sense????

they are just holes in the cabinet water is running down from somewhere.you need to shine a torch underneath and have a look .my bet is a split in the door seal somewhere

Rocks, do you sometimes wonder why we bother? ;)

i like it . she also asked the same question on ukwhite goods

Are you not allowed to ask the same question on another website? Thought that was the whole idea of these forums - to get help and assistance from people who are more experienced at DIY than yourself? Thanks for your help by the way but there's no need to be rude afterwards!

Jules03, i sympathise with you to a point.

i used to work for HP quite often people would say it x that is wrong and it isn't.

a leak can be hard to find but the most common place is the door seal.

how ever to say its coming from underneath is no use becuse the water will run round the cabinet and come from the lowest point or where there is a hole.

If you get a torch and actualy look you can then see exactly where the leek is

which is what you were asked to do. they are only trying to help, but as they are not there they are relying on you to give acurate information, which you are not.

And have a good look with a torch is what I will do. No need for skitty remarks and sarcasm though. If I knew what the problem was, I wouldn't have asked for help and I did try and give the information that was asked but I don't have the first clue about washing machines hence my post on here.

Just don't think there's need for mickey take! Have used sites like this a few times and have never come across sarcastic comments.

However, I will investigate and have a good look around the seal to see if it needs replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back