Hotpoint WM52 trips RCD when water filling shuts off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When my hotpoint wm52 fills with water, it trips the house rcd when the inlet valve stops the water coming in, when full. What can cause this problem? I tried all other functions after a bearing change, all works fine, but I didn't let the water fill the drum completely at this time, I just went through the basic functions, fill with water, wash, rinse, empty, spin. Then put on a load of washing, when the drum was full with water it tripped the house rcd. I had to remove the wet washing which lowered the water level. I was then able to reset the RCD switch on the machine and empty the water out. I then tried filling with waterwithout a load and the RCD tripped when the water fill shut off. Any assistance greatly appreciatede, thanks.

Big Rob 178

Sponsored Links
Heater poss open circuit. Remove the purple wire off the pressure switch and if it don't trip that's the fault.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. I will check the heating element and the purple wire on the pressure switch at the weekend :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back