Hotpoint WM61 Dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Hotpoint Aquarius WM61 is completely dead.I have done the basics ie power supply.I have fitted a new interlock,the brushes are fine.The door lock light does not come on nor does the door lock.Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
When the interlock blows on these machines it can sometimes take the negative line print on the timer printed circuit board.
To check you will have to take the front panel off the machine, remove the 2 timer retaining screws and then gently ease back the timer and board. You will see under the black plug nearest to the front of the machine and the very end connection nearest to the front that some of the print will have been blown off.
Don't forget to unplug the machine before checking.

I've checked the pcb and I can see no damage or burn marks anywhere,removed the frontmost black connection and all looks well,same with the bottom front conection.

Right, if you have changed the interlock for a brand new one and there is no neutral break on the pc timer board, then the only thing left is the on/off swith. Its a double pole type, that is it swithes both the positive and the neutral and that is all that is left if you are not seeing the front light come on. If you still have the pc/timer board unfastened then it is easy to meter the switch. Do you have a meter?
I know that this might seem a stupid question, but is the mains getting in to the machine?

Sponsored Links
Hi.I do have a meter and the mains is getting into the machine,how far it goes though I don't know.Could you tell me how to check the switch,it is a good few years since I did a portable appliance testing course so bit rusty as to use of meter.

You must test the switch on a continuity test. Unplug from mains,This is a cold check as all checks should be on a washing machine, set your meter to ohms range,put your probes on each terminal of the switch when you press the switch in it should read continuity ie zero ohms or a tiny ohmic reading if it is open the meter needle will not move or if a digital meter will read extremely high or open circuit.

Check the switch as Tockworth suggests but remeber on your model the on position is when the button is out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back