Hotpoint WMA56 Original fault all lights flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I returned home to be told the washer had stopped mid cycle and all the lights where flashing
Did the usual dragged it out cleaned out the sump hose chamber checking the pressure switch chamber was also clear and pipe unrestricted
I Reassembled it and switched back on
I tried the rinse and spin option and the lights for the wash cycle came on ,the machine then locked the door and started to fill
It then reached a normal level and just stopped , this lead me to believe the pressure switch was working to a degree
at this point I believe the motor should have started(on older models with a cam timer the impulse would have moved it round and the motor should have been started )
Would I be right to assume either the control board is not operating it or the motor unit is faulty (after a few mins in this state the wash light goes from steady state to flashing )
(Can anyone explain where I can get the light fault codes for this machine)
my gut feel is it has more to do with the control board as the light sequences dont seem to tie up with the programme settings and if you also go to the exclaimation mark to stop a programme nothing happens when you press the button
Please reply if anyone has had a similar fault and guide where to look at next

Sponsored Links
Motor brushes worn.
Thanks for your post
Ive just re tried the machine and when placed on rinse and spin ,it lit up for a wash ,filled then sat there heating at no point did the motor try to turn and the drum is free (wash light now steady state but washer just sat there doing nothing)
I will check the motor brushes this morning
Thanks again will update later

Motor brushes worn.
Thanks for your post
i've just re tried the machine and when placed on rinse and spin ,it lit up for a wash ,filled then sat there heating at no point did the motor try to turn and the drum is free (wash light now steady state but washer just sat there doing nothing)
I will check the motor brushes this morning
Thanks again will update later

If replaced the motor brushes as they where worn out ,and the motor now turns
However the programme selection seems to be scrambled
I set the machine going on Programme D 40 degrees and it filled rotated and kept going through a cycle ,indicating wash
Half an hour into the cycle approx the wash light started flashing but the machine carried on with a cycle
I noticed the temperature of the door was a lot hotter than 40
I left the machine to complete the cycle which was longer than the normal time and seemed to include far more rinses and spins than normal
After this load was removed I tried placing a load in on rinse and spin and started it
Unlike normal the wash light came on and it started to fill
i've now turned it off for 15 mins hopefully to get any memory in the programmer removed
It seems as if it has lost part of its marbles
any ideas

Sponsored Links
The only time the wash light flashes is it has been moved off the program while it's washing. Set it to a 40 and leave it to wash I think it's about 1 1/2 time, your poss just worried cos your watching it, it does do some weird things when it washes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back