Hotpoint WMA63P washer ends cycle early

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, The machine now jumps to the end of its cycle shortly after starting. displaying 'On' message. It has recently become noisy when the drum rotates, (but not as much as when the bearings failed 5 years ago!).

Had a look inside, drum feels smooth when rotated without belt connected. The motor has a small amount of roughness (but not much in my inexperience). Brushes are fine.

Anyone any ideas :?: What sort of fault would stop the machine?

Thanks for looking.

Sponsored Links
chopper board /wiring harness cut on bottom weight normally after the drum has been replaced,chop board is a 3 phase board on the front right not cheap either.

Hi,

Had a further look. The cycle crashes as soon as the motor starts to turn, on both the programmes I checked. Wiring and chopper board (i found it where you said) look ok, but I don't suppose that is any indication.

Thanks for taking time out from the Seychelles. If the parts are expensive I'll probably replace it. Shame as it's in good condition inside.

if you phone hotpoint all in charge parts and labour 100.00 .

Sponsored Links
Hmm, that's the top limit I set for cost of repair.

The motor does still turn, a bit then gives up. Would a faulty power module produce this?

yes the chop board takes the field tapping off the 1600 spin . that moter is a big beast the 1400 does not need a chop board .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back