hotpoint wmd960

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a hotpoint wmd960 2 years old, my problem is: it is not letting the cold water into the machine,there is no problem with the supply and the filter is clear
on the display on the front it is reading" no water check supply" can anyone help me with this problem thanks....

Sponsored Links
Check the inlet valve poss open circuit

My WDD960 is just coming up to 2 years old, and has just started with exactly the same problem.

NO water, check supply. Cold water supply to the machine seems to be fine.

Any ideas yet ?

Cheers

Andy

Sponsored Links
I've also check both inlet valve's and they have resistance accross all of them :(

The hot is a single solenoid valve, and the cold appears to be a triple solenoid valve.

I also have the same issue.
Machine has come to about 2 years old and has the same fault.
My machine also will not activate the pump or go into a spin only cycle its just dead.
I have checked the door lock and it seems to lock, and if i leave the door open it will tell me the door isnt shut so that looks fine also.

I have also checked the inlet valves but both have no open circuit
I have checked pump and heater still no problem here.

HAs anyone found a resolution to their problem, or was it an engineer fix?

I also have the same issue.
Machine has come to about 2 years old and has the same fault.
My machine also will not activate the pump or go into a spin only cycle its just dead.
I have checked the door lock and it seems to lock, and if i leave the door open it will tell me the door isnt shut so that looks fine also.

I have also checked the inlet valves but both have no open circuit
I have checked pump and heater still no problem here.

HAs anyone found a resolution to their problem, or was it an engineer fix?

Mine was an engineer fix. Hotpoint offered a fixed price repair for £100ish which included another 12 month warranty. Can't remember which part it was but it would have cost morenthan i paid hotpoint.

If the door won't lock or says door open, motor has had it. Thermal overload has gone open curcuit new motor needed.

I have the same problem, the machine is about 2 1/2 years old. lol !

Found this thread (and another) while searching for a solution.

Actually to give some more detail, put the machine onto wash and things seemed fine.
At some point in the wash the machine stopped, some hours later when i revisited machine it was displaying fault F01.
Fault "F01" is a "motor fault" according to the internet searches.
That was fine, switched machine off, this cleared the faults and attempted restart.
This time the error message read "no water, check supply".
Sound familiar?

Anyways,
Had the machine off overnight and attempted restart next day, it worked, went through it's cycle without any problems.
Problems arose when it was tried on the next wash, again "no water, check supply".

Got the machine to work a few more times by removing power overnight but eventually it died.
Thankfully, the final time it died the error message "F01" was highlighted, left this on so that the engineer could see it for himself.
Only seen this error massage twice throughout the days that I had this problem.

During the few days that these faults were occuring did some checking of individual components.
Obviously checked water supply and was happy that it was ok.
The water valves, there are two on this machine to direct water into the different detergent compartments,were checked.
Coils seemed fine, if i recall correctly they were reading about 4.7kohms.

The motor on this particular machine is three phase induction.
Got the multimeter again and checked coils, obtained reading of 6.2ohms and balanced.
Infinity to earth.

Didn't check the door lock and when it clicked shut (or should I say locked) could see the small key symbol on the digital display,
I'm assuming this is feedback from the lock,as the the correct position of the lock ?
Water sensor not checked

Anyway, that was about it for testing, not much else in there apart from the control board.

Had priced one of these but not only do you need the board, you need the programmer and a program.
Getting a bit much.

Got in touch with hotpoint, sadly they quoted higher prices than those posted by andy6581

Gave me two options,
1. fixed price repair, with a 90 day warranty on the repair, for £130 or there abouts.
2. fixed price repair, with a 1 year warranty on the full machine, for £150.

After considering a repair, new cheap machine, new expensive machine, went with the repair.

The hotpoint service man arrives, does some quick checking, and concludes that it is the control board at fault.
This was duly replaced, programmed up and test ran through various steps.
All in all he was at the house for about 30 mins (the machine was already out with panels removed ready for any component checking).

Job done and have the machine doing some overtime just now.

Hope this information helps anybody else who finds similar faults.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back