Hotpoint WMD960 Ultima not starting (intermittent fault - no key symbol)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a ten year old WMD960, it's been going strong up till now. It had a new circuit board about 5/6 years ago and a other than that no problems really.

However, over the last few weeks, it has been acting a little weird. When you press the start/play button nothing happens. No key symbol shows up and there is no sound from the locking mechanism. No fault codes are showing on the display.

If you re-select the wash few times and spam the start/play button, it eventually shows the key symbol the lock engages and everything starts up, the wash completes as normal and it unlocks. The same can be achieved by switching the machine off at the mains, rather than repeatedly hitting the start button.

This new behaviour is making me feel something is slowly failing or about to fail. Has anybody got any tips or recommendations on how to get it back to normal or what could be about to fail?

Sponsored Links
My guess and it's just that, is that the PCB is failing especially seeing as you have to turn off the machine to get it to work.

Does it happen on different wash types?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back