Fault with Hotpoint WMF760 Washing M/c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday my wife went to use the washing machine (Hotpoint WMF760) and when she pressed the 'start' button the door locked but the machine wouldn't start. She thinks it flashed a code F20 (or similar) before returning to showing the cycle time.

It had operated perfectly the day before.

Any suggestions or thoughts greatly appreciated?

(The machine is 3 years old - it failed after 12.5 months and Hotpoint charged us £130 for a callout and repair.
Now they want either £90 for call out/repair or over £170 for a call out/repair and one year warranty.)

Sponsored Links
Was it. H20. That means water supply. Ie valve open circuit or pipe crushed

She doesn't think it was H20 but can't remember.

Problem is that the coded flashed on and of so quick she only noticed it briefly, and it has not repeated since.

We have switched the machine off and on a few times as once the door locks and the machine won't start, even on turning off the machine using the on/off on the front panel, the door lock does not turn off - so we have to turn it off at the wall socket to release the door.

When we turn it on again there is no error code, and we can set the program, temperature and all other options, but pressing the start button - it locks the door but doesn't start the program - irrespective of program chosen.

Hi there, I have the same problem. Did u ever find a solution??
Desperate to get mine working again was working fine earlier today!!

Sponsored Links
Yes - unfortunately it was the programmer which needed replacing - it was not cheap - over £100 if I recall :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back