Aquaris Washing Machine just stopped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hotpoint Aquarius WMF760 7kg

I started the washing like normal but when i walked into the kitchen after a while i noticed it had stopped an a error message was shown as F01 & leds were flashing.

I switched machine off & left it a while.
Switched it back on & i can hear the lock make a noise & i am able to open the door.
Closed door & pressed the start / pause button but thats it as in nothing happens.

Before from memory when i used to press this button i would hear the door lock clunk & then water would be taken in but no clunk at all.
I pulled the plug off the door interlock & i then see DOOR in the display.

I am able to switch machine on / off fine & able to pause / start fine.
I have unplugged & reconnected eash wire plug that i can see but there isnt make but no difference.
Ive removed the washing but still the same.

I have not seen the F01 again after i switched it off then on

I have noticed that the liquid pod is partialy melted if that advise a point in the cycle etc.

Can you advise on this or a test so i can narrow down the fault

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I removed the motor to check the brushes but there isnt any.

I switched the machine off using the on/off button on the front of the machine.
20 minutes later i could hear as if the machine was draing.Went into the kitchen to hear the machine making a sound like its drainging the water & the F01 is flashing

It even turned the machine on itself
I have turned the knob to selction B whicj is spin & walked away.
Just check & the timer has gone from 10 minutes to 10 minutes but didnt move or even spin but timer does countdown

F01 is motor trial fault. May not be an economical repair but worth checking Hotpoint recall page to ee if your machine is affected

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back