Hotpoint wmf940 Control board problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had an initial fault of F05 fault. I cleaned the pump out and dismantled hoses and fault clear but now the machine power button has no affect ( stays on) and the start/pause button has a slow flash. The machine will not start any program. there is no error code on the display and the program selector knob seems to change the program LED's correctly along with the time on the LED display.

To get to the hoses i turned the machine on its side and a small amount of water got onto the top control board. I dried the board off and remade all connections but still same fault. I was going to purchase a replacement board from e-bay but the seller suggests that it is more likely to be the lower control board to be at fault (this did not get wet). the connections of the top board do go to the lower board and this plug did get wet so may have shorted out.

Has anyone had any experience of control board faults on this machine. I don't want to end up buying the wrong control board.

Thanks

Phil

Sponsored Links
Oh dear. That model has a linar Presure switch. Disconnect the tube and blow down the pipe. It might reset it. Failing that put 1 litre of water in the drum and put on pump out mode. If that don't work the pcb need to be rewritten.

Thanks for the quick reply. I disconnected the pressure switch tube and can hear the switch activating but on re-connecting still same fault. I tried litre of water in drum and still same. I tried blowing down the tube with machine on and it starts making noises as if working but drum not turning and when I stop blowing machine stops again.

If it is a PCB that needs re-programming, is it likely to be the module at the bottom of the machine or the one on the top when the program selector is. I can purchase both modules from e-bay. I just dont want to get the wrong one.

Thanks again

Bottom one. But it will be blank the board needs to be programmed to that model by commercial code. If you call Hotpoint they will do the lot for £110.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I managed to get a second hand control board from e-bay. Once fitted, I still have similar symptons, the start/pause button has a slow flash and the machine will not turn off. Everything else on the control panel seems to indicate things OK but the machine does nothing.

Could it be the top control board is faulty.

Thanks

I am very sure if the top board got wet it would well cause this or many other faults with thr the top card. Also the small idc connector should be checked for dampness any moisture in this could take out the replacement board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back