Hotpoint First Edition 1200 Spin Advice please?

Thats right it's working your not used to it cos is prog to a diff model. It's surpossed to do that.

but since as though its programmed to wma22p it shouldn't do that should it?

the reason i say that is because when my original control was working it wasn't displaying lights like this..it use to first light program light > then active and then> door locked...

or is this how it spose to work now? if this is the way im not too bothered as long as its taking water from both pipes.

how do i check its taking water from hot? (bear in mind this control came from a machine with one pipe only cold).

cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes it does that. When you start it put your finger in the soap part of the dispenser water should be warm as long as the tap has been run to get rid off the cold in the pipe. Or just feel the hot pipe , water will be running in it.

Yes it does that. When you start it put your finger in the soap part of the dispenser water should be warm as long as the tap has been run to get rid off the cold in the pipe. Or just feel the hot pipe , water will be running in it.

which wash should i select to check this?

Sponsored Links
Have u tried 40, reprog it then see what happens. If you have two pipes on the back one to hot one to cold turn cold off see if hot goes in. Its the same pcb for both, only diff is it's prog diff and that's wot you have done.

Have u tried 40, reprog it then see what happens. If you have two pipes on the back one to hot one to cold turn cold off see if hot goes in. Its the same pcb for both, only diff is it's prog diff and that's wot you have done.

ok ill give that ago..but to clarify-

i understand the board is same, but it came out of a machine which only had one pipe (cold) so surely this means it will only operate as one pipe, (isn't that how it will be programmed by the manufacturer) regardless me having to connect to two pipes machine?

the programme you suggested was that to configure 3 buttons (that weren't working) or everything to this model wma 22p including taking hot water?

initially when i had put this board in the machine it was working with the exception of 3 buttons not working and hot water inlet not working, so basically i think the machine was working as the model of the machine i took the board out of?

sorry for so many questions..

Thanks

That pcb will fit 7 diff models regardless wot mc you took it out from. The prog I gave you is for a wma 22 if you put that pcb in another model you would need to prog it to that model. Again diff set up , it don't matter if it came out of a cold fill you prog it for your model.

Make sure selector is in the off postion. Press and hold rinse hold and energy save while selecting k hold both for 5 secs. These 2 will now flash. Press start for 2 secs. All lights out now. Turn dial to b press start briefly rinse hold is on. Then turn dial to c press start energy save is now on. Turn dial to b. Both lights are now on. Press start again. Turn dial to a both should flash. Press start. Turn dial to off. Now it's programmed for that model same pcb for both models.

"Turn dial to b. Both lights are now on. Press start again. Turn dial to a both should flash. Press start"

Hi mate, hope you had a good holiday, just to give you an update, like i said before when i come to do this bit it dosent do what you have suggested.

when i turn it to B only energy save is on, when i press start then both come on, and when i turn it to A both are on but not flashing when i press start rinse hold start to flash, and if a press start again both flash...at this point i then turn dial to off!!

I have also tested all the wash to see if it takes hot water (it dosent), im not sure if the hot water is taken immediately when a wash starts or later in between???

any suggestions or do i have to live with that...

cheers

When you put a wash on it fills with cold in the tray at the back for about 15 secs to raise the sump ball. Then the water in the tray where the soap goes that's the hot supply. Is that water in the pipe connected to the hot supply. When it stops filling the drum starts to wash.

When you put a wash on it fills with cold in the tray at the back for about 15 secs to raise the sump ball. Then the water in the tray where the soap goes that's the hot supply. Is that water in the pipe connected to the hot supply. When it stops filling the drum starts to wash.

I will check and let you know, but both the hot & cold are connected correctly to the machine and turned on! i also tried it with cold turned off as you suggested..

cheers

After re-programming it, it now works as you have suggested! hotwater also works!

Thanks for all your help ... :D

I'm pleased for you thought I was going mad. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back