Hotpoint First Edition 1200 Spin Advice please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

recently my control board went on my machine model (wma 22p). I have sourced a board from a lower spin machine 1000 spin and used it.

unfortunately this machine only had one inlet pipe (cold) whereas mine has cold and hot.

my machine is working fine, but i've noticed its not taking any water from hot inlet (i guess the control board is only programmed to cold inlet as it came from a cold only machine) is this correct??

also the three buttons don't work i.e rinse hold, economy etc, why is this?

im now thinking of using another board which has come out 1400 spin machine will this be safe to use on a 1200 spin motor?

finally, does anyone know where parts can be obtained for machines i.e like scrap yard for washing machines??

Thank you..

Sponsored Links
What model did the old board come from it's got to be programmed to that model otherwise it won't work. If you press the option light these only work on certain progs.

Make sure selector is in the off postion. Press and hold rinse hold and energy save while selecting k hold both for 5 secs. These 2 will now flash. Press start for 2 secs. All lights out now. Turn dial to b press start briefly rinse hold is on. Then turn dial to c press start energy save is now on. Turn dial to b. Both lights are now on. Press start again. Turn dial to a both should flash. Press start. Turn dial to off. Now it's programmed for that model same pcb for both models.

Sponsored Links
Make sure selector is in the off postion. Press and hold rinse hold and energy save while selecting k hold both for 5 secs. These 2 will now flash. Press start for 2 secs. All lights out now. Turn dial to b press start briefly rinse hold is on. Then turn dial to c press start energy save is now on. Turn dial to b. Both lights are now on. Press start again. Turn dial to a both should flash. Press start. Turn dial to off. Now it's programmed for that model same pcb for both models.

wow! that sounds fantastic, little confusing to follow the sequence i will have to read it few times so it sinks in, does this mean it will work on hot water inlet as well and run at 1200 spin?

p.s did you miss anything here" Turn dial to a both should flash. Press start"

Thanks vey much!

Turn dial to a. Proggrame on rhe dial then both should flash. Yes it should take hot supply. It's the same pcb just dif settings to configure.

hi again,

just before i do this, i need to clarify one thing, do i need to have the power on or off on the machine?

Thanks

ok, i think i might have done something wrong, the following didnt work only one was flashing.

"Press start again. Turn dial to a both should flash. Press start."

now when i turn selelctor the active and door locked lights are both on, when press start both go off and the machine starts to work? another thing is even if the door is unlocked the door locked light is still on?

i thing it need reseting and doing it again?

Thanks

Have u tried it yet it might work before u reprogramme it again.

So what does it do or don't do , what happens when u start the wash.

when i turn the selector to say program "A" both active and door locked lights are on (whether the door is open or closed) and when i press start both lights go off and the machine starts the wash.

cheers

Thats right it's working your not used to it cos is prog to a diff model. It's surpossed to do that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back