Hotpoint WML540 Lights flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint WML540 just over 2 years old. When the wash cycle appears to be complete it stops and every light flashes rapidly. I then have to power off , power up again change to dry only to complete the cycle. A local washing machine engineer has checked all components are ok and has said I need to call out Hotpoint as they are the only ones who can put in a new control unit and programme it. Is this correct please or is there another way to solve this?

Sponsored Links
We had the same problem. Basically they came and said a few wires were missing or had come loose they did it. Then the problem continued. Later they admitted that it was not the problem and infact the motor was faulty...They put in a new one. The man who came was different and admitted that they had many of that make with the old motors breaking. he came and took it out and put a better one in...Lucky we had a guarantee and it was fixed for free. However when we phoneed up hotpointe they asked us to take out a further guarantee. Called on fault cover just incase something that we put in blocked the pump such as a coin. We paid extra..However it was not the coin or own fault but a faulty motor. If you guarantee is gone complain that the motors of many are actually faulty and therefor should be replaced at no cost to your self..Try hope it works but basically you got a problem...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back