Hotpoint Aquarius WML540 washing machine banging on spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WML540 washing machine which has started to make a very loud banging noise on spin. Reaching into the front of the machine there are three 'paddles' placed equidistant around the inside of the drum. When I push backwards and forwards vigorously on two of the paddles, there is no noise at all. When I do the same on the third one however there is a banging noise which appears to come from the back of the drum - this is the same noise we can hear when the machine is spinning. I'm pretty handy with tools and fixing things generally but would be grateful if anyone out there can advise me on what the problem might be before I start taking the whole machine to bits!

Many thanks for any help in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a cracked drum surport. New drum req. it's sealed so you can't get into it.

Sounds expensive. If you're right, then the £110 Hotpoint are offering to charge for an engineer to call (Call-out, labour and parts included) doesn't sound too bad!

Sponsored Links
Take it up. Parts and labour included.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back