Washing machine - what's making this noise?

Took the top off, checked the counterweight bolts and all seemed okay (but I managed to nip them all up a little more). Didn't remove the front but put my arm inside and the lower counterweight feels okay (no obvious looseness, hard to be sure though because of course some undetectable looseness won't be noticeable - I really should take the front off to check the bolts but can't be bothered right now).

Did some spin only tests with the top off and no bad noise issues, although I think that there may be a very slight bit of noise/vibration from where the right side support spring clips in, perhaps it's rubbing a bit (even though it has a red bit of plastic where the spring attaches to avoid metal to meal contact). Easy to determine this by holding that spring when the drum is spinning. Of course steadying that may have just dampened an issue elsewhere.

Filled up the machine and ran a full wash, all seemed okay.

So that's a mystery .......... I did of course drag it out so maybe the initial noise was a result of it not being flat on the ground, however I did check that beforehand when it was making the noise the other days and it seemed okay.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back