Hotpoint wmt05 washing machine - motor/drive belt trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm having trouble getting my motor back in the machine with the belt on - the belt doesn't stretch far enough to fit on the motor pulley - there are 2 nuts for the motor, both fixed, no leeway in either and 1 fixing spigot which goes into a lug - any help please would be great !!

Sponsored Links
Belt goes on after motor is in. Rear lug first then push on front lugs ,fit the bolts then put belt on bottom of motor spindle and roll on to pulley. It's a very tight fit but will go on.

hi, thanks I did just that, and the belt went on when I rolled it on and turned it slowly around the large pulley. At first I was trying to stretch it over the 2!! When I did it this way it went easily on.

What is the cause of the machine screeching a little, more so than usual, when fast spinning?

Sponsored Links
Why did you remove the motor. Did you fit new brushes if so it will screech for a few washes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back