Hotpoint WT540 - all lights flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've got a hotpoint Aquarius wt540 that has had a flashing light problem for a few weeks now - it has been flashing every time I press the on button - but unplugging it and starting it again worked every time... Until yesterday!

Now as soon as the power is switched on all lights flash at the same speed.

So far I've done a search and read that the c17 cap is the likely candidate - but assuming that pcb is the one behind the control panel? (I didn't see any others?) then this model doesn't have a c17?

Is there another PCb that I should be looking for, or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Look at the back lower right hand corner that's the pcb with the c17 cap on.

Sponsored Links
Look at the back lower right hand corner that's the pcb with the c17 cap on.

You are a star rocks1! I've fixed this "all lights flashing" problem thanks to your posts.

But I couldn't get an exact match for the original 680μF capacitor on the board. The guy in my nearest Maplins sold me a 1000μF cap instead saying he guessed the exact value didn't matter. (The new one has the same temperature rating and a slightly higher voltage rating.) I'm guessing he was right and it has fixed the flashing lights problem but I'm left with a slight concern that it may cause some other problem if the capacitance does in fact matter. Any idea?

Nope 1000 will be fine. Just wished they put 1000 in there first place. The old ones are under rated

• Thanks
Reactions: pcc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back