Hotpoint WT540 7KG 1400 Spin - Flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm aware of the multiple threads regarding flashing and C17 fix etc. Although my issue is a little unique.

My Hotpoint WT540 has recently began failing. At first there were certain lights flashing then all of them started flashing (indication PCB failure).

Most recently all lights flash then they slowly die away to nothing then a few seconds later the same happens, cycling. This is all pointing to a capacitor on it's way out.

I've followed the threads regarding the C17 however my PCB does not have a C17 but a C65. The capacitor visually looks fine and is the same rating as the C17 in other models.

Before I go replacing this, can anybody confirm this one needs replacing or provide any new information.

I'm stuck with a load of washing and getting totally fed up now :cry:

Here's a picture of what it looks like:

20130301_144742.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi there
Exactly same problem here on wml760 did you find a fix?

Also can't find the c17 but do have the c65

Don't really want to call out hotpoint at£100+ or buy new machine.

Checked all connections and cleaned all filters ect
Frustrating as all other functions work fine but lights flash on spin

Hi yes the cap I replaced as shown in my picture solved my washing machine problem. Has worked flawlessly for the past 3 momths. Hope it will help you. Very simple to replace.

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for reply, changed the cap today but still having flashing issue. Heater was blowing fuse so replaced (it was shorted out) When heaters unplugged spin works fine (blue and brown wires) when reconnected it washes fine but flashing lights appear mid spin cycle. Cleaned all filters, checked all wiring and the trip switch with link pipe so no more ideas!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back