HOTPOINT WT540P....???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi..wonder if anyone can help...this machine makes a real loud noise on fast spin,sounds like a jumbo jet trying to land in the back garden...could this be a bra wire or are the bearings or shocks gone...how do i tell if the bearings are gone..also because of the vibrations the black pipe that goes to the pump fell off,in this pipe was a platic ball,(bigger than a golf ball)should that be in there?....

Sponsored Links
yes the ball should be there also check the top weight and bottom weight is not loose, otherwise yes needs a new drum you cant get at these it a complete drum assy cost over 100.00 .

yes the ball should be there also check the top weight and bottom weight is not loose, otherwise yes needs a new drum you cant get at these it a complete drum assy cost over 100.00 .

thanks for the reply....ive checked the top weight this seems ok,also the springs are in place,cant see a bottom weight?.....please tell me would failed shock absorbers cause this much movement and noise...

peel back the door seal its just underneath it thats the bottom weight .tip the mc back and you will find the susupension struts on the left and right hardley go wrong . does the drum feel smooth when you turn it by hand.

Sponsored Links
thanks,re bottom weights what am i looking for?,will they be attached in any way,what normally happens to the bottom weight?....ive seen the shocks ......not sure if the drum runs smooth,again what am i looking for here?
many thanks
ps did notice when i pulled the machine out last night there was like a fine dirt under the washer,like ground up stone...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back